Monday, January 15, 2007

Day Off Daze

1) I had to get up early today, even though none of us girls had to go to school. That made for a crappy start to the day.

2) Mary was uncooperative at breakfast and lunch, and thus got grounded from going outside and playing in the new snow that fell overnight. Needless to say she wasn't very happy with me, and let me know it in no uncertain terms.

3) I baked cookies this afternoon, then went to run errands. I gave Hannah explicit instructions to guard the cookies from Moose Mutt and the Feline Sisters, a job that was supposed to have continued after I returned and went outside to shovel off the driveway. Hannah abandoned her post, with the result that Moose Mutt ate half the batch of cookies off the kitchen table. After I cooled down a little (I was really mad) we discussed the situation. Hannah told me what she'd learned from this experience (namely, never trust Moose Mutt) but after supper Hannah had to go out in the -5 degree windchill and feed the dog as a punishment. (like he needed to be fed!)

4) I've been working all day on laundry, thus proving conclusively that there is no such thing as a day off, unless you're Ferris Bueller.

5) This entire day has reduced my brain to oatmeal mush, so I'm going to put the last load of laundry in the dryer and then go give Mary her shower. Then I'm going to bed

I'm tired.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home