Friday, December 15, 2006

Hope and Encouragement

There was an article on the Drudge Report today that said Canadian scientists have possibly found a cure for type 1 diabetes. You can read the article here if you'd like. Please pray that this is the miracle we've been asking for ever since May 15, 2006.

As I was reading the article, Mary (who is home sick with a cold and fever) called me into the living room to help her shut down the TV (her DVD had finished). She asked me why I was crying and I told her "Some Canadian doctors may have found a cure for type 1 diabetes." Her first question? "Does this mean there won't be any more diabetes camp?"

What a kid.

A few minutes later she came and sat on my lap, and we talked a little. I told her that I would find a camp for her to go to (that has horses) even if she was cured of diabetes. I said, "Wouldn't it be nice not to have to get shots every day? Not to have to ask if you can have a candy cane, and then check your blood sugar before you eat it? Wouldn't it be nice not to have to carry your insulin kit everywhere?" "Well, I'm kinda used to it" she replied. "But I think it would be nice for you to be cured," I said. "No more having to worry about snacks at school. No more having to test your sugars during church. No more counting carbs at every meal." Then I hugged her and said, "I love you, punkin." In reply, she burped.

As I said before - What a kid.

In other news, so far three of my classes have posted final grades: Microcomputer Applications, Plans and Specs and Building Constructions Systems. All are "A"'s. So far, so good.

Please pass the chocolate!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

We were about to email you the link to this article but saw your blog. I'm reading the full article from Cell. This is amazing, I hope this progress carries over to humans.

~Bethany & Kathy

1:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home