Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Soon

I promise I'll blog about my vacation as soon as I catch up on various vacation-related household chores like laundry, putting things away and remembering just what exactly happened while we were gone. This is what happens when you don't have wireless Internet and can't blog on a daily basis. But I suppose, when one is camping, the idea is to be away from civilization, which is why the State of Iowa doesn't have wireless Internet at it's state park campgrounds.

Other drawbacks of staying at a State of Iowa DNR run campground:
  • Cold showers
  • Backed up toilets
  • No toilet paper (unless you remember to take your own)
  • Rude neighbors (and their whiny dog)
  • Beer-sotted college boys, tent camping in the space across from us who, when they left, had the back of a Ford F-150 pickup truck filled to capacity with empty beer cans. No, I'm not kidding.
  • No DNR personnel to be found anywhere, except when you don't need help
And a few nice things about staying at a State of Iowa DNR run campground:
  • Lots of mature trees providing lots of shade
  • Inexpensive (i.e. cheap)
  • Nice playground
  • Did I mention it was cheap?
That's all for now. More later!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home