Tuesday, May 09, 2006

OK, Alright...I'm "It"

Back in February, I got "tagged" by my niece, Shannon, and either yesterday or today I got "tagged" by my friend Peri. I never did the "tag" from Shannon because I wasn't sure how to do it, and I'm still not sure. So I'm going to guess at it by copying Shannon's "tag" list and editing it to fit me. After Shannon's "tag" I'll do Peri's "tag" which is easier because it came with more instructions.

Anyway, here goes: Shannon's "tag"

<>Brief overview of our life.
A) Carl is sick - he's had a fever and a headache since Saturday and the antibiotics the doctor gave him yesterday don't seem to be helping.
B) I'm fine, just really busy.
C) Hannah is fine, too.
D) Mary's arm is still broken, but healing nicely
E) The rest of my life you can follow by reading my old blog posts.
F) There is no "F".

Four jobs I have had (in no order):
1. Detassler/machine driver for Pioneer Seeds
2. Soil Conservation Technician for the State of Iowa
3. Field interviewer for Iowa State University - Institute for Social and Behavioral Research
4. Concession worker for the Cedar Rapids Kernels Baseball Club (one of my less fun jobs)
Four movies I can watch over and over
1. The Wizard of Oz
2. Singin' In The Rain
3. The Princess Bride
4. Home movies that Carl's put on DVD

Four places I have lived:
1. Bettendorf, Iowa
2. Maysville, Iowa
3. Cedar Rapids, Ames, and Williamsburg Iowa
4. Atkins, Iowa

Four TV shows I love:
1. CSI
2. CSI: Miami
3. Law and Order - all versions
4. Numbers

Four places I've vacationed:
1. South Dakota
2. Nashville, TN (high school)
3. Door County, Wisconsin
4. Tampa, FL (but I never got to ride the roller coaster, darn it)

Four of my favorite dishes:
1. Anything my Mom cooks
2. Anything my sister Kathy cooks
3. German food at restaurants in Amana, Iowa
4. Hamburgers from Collins Pub, Atkins, Iowa

Four sites I visit daily:
1. http://blogs.herald.com/dave_barrys_blog/
2. http://www.drudgereport.com/
3. http://www.weather.gov/
4. many blogs

Four places I would rather be right now:
1. At my Mom's house
2. Any campground in the United States, provided it's in or near the woods (and has electric, water and sewer hookups)
3. My brother-in-law Loren's farm (aka the "home place")
4. On an Alaskan cruise

And now, for Peri's "tag"

Each player of this game starts with the “6 weird things/habits about you.” People who get tagged (or anyone else) can write a blog of their own 6 weird habits/things as well as state this rule clearly.

In the end, you need to choose 6 people to be tagged and list their names. Remember to send them an e-mail that says “you are tagged” and send them to your blog (or not. Just do it yourself and let me know you did, okay? It’ll be fun, I promise.)

  1. I want to buy land somewhere in southeastern Benton County, Iowa. I want to build a house on part of this land, and restore the rest of it to native tallgrass prairie. I love tallgrass prairie, especially switchgrass and big bluestem. I'd toss in some partridge pea and coneflowers (both yellow and purple) just for fun. Oh, and if possible, I'd also like to have a pond on the property, with a weeping willow tree planted beside it.
  2. I wish I could play guitar, but I can't. I have a minor "learning disability" (aka a method processing "disability") that prevents me from being able to make guitar chords with my fingers. I also can't read multiple lines of music at once, so I'll never be able to play the piano, either. People used to think I could play the piano, but I would just slowly pick out the notes (one by one) until I had a piece memorized, then I'd play the piece.
  3. If Carl's not home, I can kill spiders that come into the house. When he's home, I go to pieces and beg him to gish the little bugger. I become a quivering, crying baby around spiders when Carl's home.
  4. I can't stand the taste of coffee, but I like caffeine, so I drink Diet Mountain Dew. Lots of it. And if I can't have Diet Mountain Dew, I'll drink regular caffeinated soda. Diet Mountain Dew is the only diet pop I can stand. Tea is OK, but it requires that I boil water, and...
  5. I hate to cook.
  6. I carry tools, but not makeup, in my purse. And all of the items in my purse are neatly organized into small plastic tackle boxes so I don't have to dig around when I want something. I just pull out the appropriate box and get what I want, whether it's pliers, band-aids, tylenol or nail clippers.
I have no clue as to whom I should tag. Everyone I know has already been tagged by someone else, and I don't want to be redundant. So I'll think about it, and maybe post a list of "taggees" later. Or, if you're reading this and you've never been tagged, leave me a comment and I'll tag you. It will be my pleasure.

Really!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home