Thursday, February 02, 2006

Is It Already February?

Yeah, I guess it is. I don't know what the Groundhog predicted about the future weather, and I don't care. Today was beautiful: temperature in the lower 50's and sunny, so Judah and I went for a walk. We were gone for over an hour - out on the rail trails, then through downtown Atkins (such as it is) through the park, to the convenience store (Diet Mt. Dew) then home. I had Mannheim Steamroller Fresh Aire CD's on my mp3 player (discs 1,2,3,4,5 and 7) so it was a great walk.

The girls returned home from school shortly after I got back, and Mary's book order came in, so she and Hannah were playing with the stuff she got. At one point I heard someone say "Why are you so far away from me?" and immediately I got an earworm. Can you guess which song? Needless to say I was off to the CD cabinet, and returned to the computer with Dire Straits Brothers In Arms. I'm listening to it now. What a great CD.

But tomorrow the weather is supposed to go back to winter. Oh well. We need some snow. It's been too dry. I only hope the roads aren't bad because I have an appointment to meet with my Kirkwood guidance counselor in the morning, and I'm hoping she'll give me some advice on where to look for a job. I still don't have one, and I need one. I'm getting frustrated.

If only I could get some Money For Nothing...

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Hey, Aunt Nan, how's it going? Please keep us posted!

1:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home