Monday, January 16, 2006

Problems Of My Own

I've been spending way too much time on the Internet lately. Going to other blogs, reading, posting comments, waiting for replies, posting again, and so forth, was eating up almost all of my day. As a result, things that I should have been doing around the house weren't getting done. Carl had previously expressed concern (in a very loving, kind way) that perhaps I was getting addicted to the Internet, and I finally came to the conclusion that he was right. So I've not been going to the blogs much, and I've only been reading ("blurking"). And now I'm back up to speed on things that need to be done around the house. I feel better. I only hope that the people I used to blog with aren't too mad at me for not being around so much.

And now I have to go. The washing machine stopped and I need to put stuff in the dryer.

3 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Aunt Nan, I share your blogging/blurking addiction so I totally understand where you're coming from. But hey, it's January in the Midwest and who needs to spend their days shopping?

Carl's right. If I'm (we're?) going to spend my(our?) days on my(our?) widening butt(s) I (we) should probably do it sipping lattes with local friends.

However, please post occasionally and check my blog once in a while.
Can't go cold turkey, now can we?

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

First off, I've never posted on a blog and have no clue what I am doing here but I did a search for Cedar Rapids building codes and fire marshall inspector and a funny thing happened, a November blog came up in my search and then I found a January blog. What are blogs anyway?
I am also a stay home mother in C.R who is frustrated by all the stinking permits and junk you must go through just to do a bit of remodeling. We are currently trying to fix up our basement bathroom as a do it yourself, but we dont know the codes so I guess we will have to fork out a bunch of extra $$ just to get them because they certainly cant be found anywhere on the internet!
By the way, you seem like a pretty neat & down to earth mommy! Perhaps I will check back again soon! Good luck getting your house clean, I need some motivation too! I have three boys and one on the way...so its hard to get motivated to clean when it will all be dirty again a half hour later.

10:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

AN -

I hope that this blog does not fall prey to your decreased internet time. I very much enjoy reading it -- it's one I always look forard to when I'm making the rounds of MOATie blogs.

I do appreciate your taking time off the internet though. It's something I probably should do, and likely will once I start having kids.

Cheers!

7:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home