Monday, January 23, 2006

Blah-therskite

It's a grey day in Iowa. No big surprise there - I mean, it's January, we just had snow, and now it's starting to melt off a little bit and that creates fog. Not enough to delay the start of school (thus giving us girls all a chance to sleep in) but enough to be annoying. Plus, there's this story
that informs us, via complicated mathematics that I don't understand, that today is the gloomiest day of the year. Well, whoop-dee-doo. (note: heavy sarcasm)

Meanwhile, this looks like another full week. Tomorrow I plan to do some research into whether or not I should go back to school, and which program I should study. I'm going to go to a couple of pet grooming places and see how business is. One idea I have is to take small animal management/pet grooming courses and open my own business. However, by just looking in the phone book I can see that there's already a glut of groomers in the market, so I'm not sure if this is the route I want to take. My other idea is to take courses in architectural drafting. To that end, I intend to go to Kirkwood's Architectural Technology Program Conference to see what they're all about. I doubt that I can work from home as a drafter, but maybe I can work for someone part time. By the time I'd finish the program, the girls will be old enough to be left alone at home for part of a day without me worrying too much. The program conference is Thursday. Wednesday I have to work at the high school, and Friday's my shopping day, so it looks like a full week. Didn't I already say that? Sheesh!

Otherwise, it's really pretty boring around here. I'm caught up on my chores: folding laundry yesterday took longer than expected because I folded during the Broncos-Steelers game, and I'd throw wadded-up underwear at Jake Plummer every time he made a stupid mistake, which was frequently. Then I had to go retrieve the underwear before the dog got to it and shredded it, so it was a rather time-consuming chore. Fortunately, sorting socks with Hannah went faster because Matt Hasselbeck didn't screw up. So in case you haven't figured it out by now, I'm rooting for Seattle in the Super Bowl. Carl and I are in the process of figuring out who to invite over for the game. I really want to have a Super Bowl party, especially now that Carl's got his big TV and the girls have their chocolate fountain. Football and chocolate. The two just go together.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

Good to see you back, Aunt Nan!

Could you please finish my laundry? We have clean, unironed laundry that's been sitting around so long that the kids have outgrown it.

Um, I grew up in Pittsburgh. Otherwise, I'd cheer for the Seahawks, too.

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home