Thursday, May 19, 2005

Pullin' a "Britney"

Pullin' a "Britney" - definition: succumbing to the urge to say "Oops! I did it again."

Well...Oops! I did it again.

Did what?

I went out and looked at another piece of farmland, with the idea that Carl and I might be able to scrape together enough money to buy it. It's approximately 22 acres, all pasture, with one small pond on it. That's the good news. The bad news is, the level spot I thought was available isn't. What's for sale is the pasture that has the 14 - 18% grade slope on it, and the sellers want way too much for it. They want $4000 per acre, and it's barely worth $2500. So, if God opens the proper doors for us to make an offer, I'll start at $2000 and then negotiate via counter offers. Another bit of bad news is Carl hasn't seen it yet, and he may nix the whole idea of building a house on a saddleback ridge. There are pros and cons to doing so, and its something we'll have to discuss.

Speaking of Carl, I want everyone to pray for him. He pulled a "Britney" too. Prologue: back when Carl was in sixth grade, he had a hernia. It apparently was pretty bad, and required surgery and several weeks of recovery. Well, oops! he did it again, but this time he has three!! My poor baby! (insert sniffle here) The doctor has scheduled him for surgery in mid-June because he (the doctor) wants him (Carl) to wait until we (the family) get back from South Dakota before going under the knife. Meanwhile, I plan on not letting him carry anything heavier than a full pop can.

So I guess the Bode's need prayers all around: for Carl and his Hernia Trio, and for the opportunity to move to the country, if it be God's will. I'll keep you informed, of course, as to what happens next.

Stay tuned for the next exciting episode of ... what's the name of this show, again?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home