Monday, May 16, 2005

The Blissful Eighteen

Today is my wedding anniversary. My wonderful hubby and I have been married for 18 years. That sounds like a long time, but it doesn't feel like it. I guess the old saying is true: Time flies when you're having fun!

We're not doing anything special for our anniversary, and that's fine with me. Carl did say that, on our 20th anniversary, we'd go on an Alaskan cruise, so I'm looking forward to that. Meanwhile, he did go with me to a retirement "party" for my favorite high school teacher, Judith Jacobs, and they catered in Olive Garden lasagna, so I guess that counts as "going out to dinner". The retirement thing was pretty cool, too. They held it in the auditorium, and a bunch of former students (including myself) got up on stage and gave tributes to Judy. I (of course) gave her a painting. Between the tribute presentation and the dinner, I got a chance to talk with some former schoolmates. I graduated a year earlier than they did, so that made me the oldest alumni in the place, which was fine because even though I was the oldest, I wasn't the fattest. Heh heh heh.

So we had a good weekend, and I've had a great married life, so what else is there to say?

How about -- Happy Anniversary, honey. I Love You!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Aunt Nancy said...

Happy Anniversary to you as well. We definitely have a marriage that will last when one year I give you a mop & bucket for your birthday (at your request of course) and this year for our anniversary I take you out to eat in your old high school cafeteria.

Love,
Hubby

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home