Friday, April 29, 2005

Gimme A Break!

When Carl came home last night from CBAP I thought, "Ahhh! "Finally I can relax and get some sleep. I don't have to worry every time the siding crackles in the wind or the house pops at a temperature change or the girls start arguing over who gets to play with which Barbie. Carl is here to save the day and/or back me up when necessary." I mean, the insomnia was really getting to me. I was so loopy last night when my Mom called, I think she thought I was drunk. I sounded drunk, but I wasn't. Honest, Mom. All I'd had to drink all day was peach flavored Propel fitness water, regular water-flavored water, and a Diet Mountain Dew. Mom told me I'd better get some sleep. I assured her that, as soon as the girls were in bed and things quieted down, I'd go upstairs for a good night's rest.

Well, I tried. I watched CSI, then part of the news, and turned off the TV and lamp when I felt myself getting drowsy. But wouldn't you know it, I laid there staring at the ceiling going, "OK, sleep, you were just here, where did you go?" Beats me where it went. I think it must have wandered over to Carl's side of the bed, because he was asleep and snoring halfway through CSI. I'm not sure when I finally fell asleep, but I slept very lightly, waking every 1 1/2 hours or so. And in between waking I had stress-induced nightmares, you know; like you're in Finals Week at college, and you have to take a test in American History, but you haven't been to class all semester, you haven't read the book, its too late to drop the class, and you know you're gonna flunk even if you do show up for the exam. I don't know WHY I had those dreams. Carl was home, safe and sound, and I was relieved to have him there. So why was I stressed and insomniac? I doesn't make sense. Sooner or later this lack of sleep is going to catch up with me, and when it does, I'd best not be driving anywhere. What will probably happen is I'll be working along, doing something, and suddenly I'll ... gjihtuirtnbbu

*head crashes on keyboard*

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home