Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Wha' Happened?

It amazes me how things can go from happy/calm/serene to catastrophic/disastrous in a matter of minutes. Just a little while ago I was blogging along merrily, describing the wonderful day I had as Hannah's VIP. Then I went upstairs to change from my "nice" clothes to my "painting" clothes. I was half undressed when Hannah started screaming "My Barbie pool is leaking!" Normally, this wouldn't be a problem, except one of this household's parents (not me) gave Hannah permission to have a water-filled toy pool ON THE DESK IN HER ROOM!!!! So I went flying down the hall to find water running off the back edge of Hannah's desk, soaking into the carpet. Hannah had overfilled the pool and when she tried to stuff a towel behind the pool, she pulled the side down and the water came rushing out. I stopped the flow, cleaned up the mess, and then pulled the desk away from the wall to discover that water had been leaking out for some time; there is water damage to the wall, carpet, and the bottom of the desk. To say that I was furious is to make a major understatement.

Then, to add insult to injury, Mary decided to play "Barbie pool" by using a water filled bucket in the bathroom sink. No problem, except that she dunked her talking Dorothy doll in the water. Now Dorothy can't tell Toto that they're not in Kansas anymore. I pulled the batteries out of the doll and laid her on a towel to dry out, but I don't know if the damage can be reversed. I know for dang sure that if the doll is permanently mute, I will NOT replace it. To Mary's credit, though, she'd gotten her shirt wet and instead of just making more mess she changed shirts and brought the wet one down to me so I could hang it to dry in the laundry room.

So now the girls are grounded from playing in water until Sunday night, and I'm venting my frustrations to my blog site. I appreciate you taking time to read this.

I feel much better now.

Thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home