Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Wish List

This blog post will be an ongoing project. I'll be adding more wishes as I think them up. But for starters - I wish.....

  • that I knew how to fish. I love to go fishing, and so does Mary, but I don't know how to catch the little buggers. I'm absolutely clueless about what kind of bait to use and when, how deep to let the bait fall into the water, where the best place to cast is, and so forth. I have lots of nice gear, but I don't know the best way to use it. If I did know, I'd take Mary fishing with me and we'd go more often.
  • that I knew how to whistle loudly with my fingers in my mouth. My dad could whistle - he'd be outside in the field, far from the house, and when he whistled you could always hear him, even with the windows closed. I want to learn to whistle like that.
  • that I could play guitar or piano. I can't, because I have a minor learning disability. I'm a "method learner" which means I can't read and process more than one line of notes at a time, nor can I coordinate several fingers over frets and strum at the same time. It stinks.
  • that Hannah would learn to drive. It would solve alot of our transportation coordination problems, especially the school related ones.
  • that I knew how to build a house. I want to understand the ins and outs of framing, wiring, plumbing...all that sort of stuff. I also wish I knew more about landscaping and gardening. I'm cursed with a black thumb, and Carl and I want to landscape in front of our porch this spring. I need to move some plants that I have, and maybe break them up, but I don't know how or where best to plant them. That they've lived this long is a miracle.
  • that I could do a better job of styling my hair in the morning.
  • I knew how to fast-yodel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home