Sunday, March 08, 2009

What Should I Do?

This Wednesday, March 11, the Benton Community boys basketball team will be playing in the State Basketball Tournament. This is the first time any high school I've ever been affiliated with has gone to a post season tournament, so I'm excited. Not only for the team, but also for Hannah. She gets to go to the game as a member of the Pep Band, and as a proud band mom I'd like to go and see her play. School has been cancelled for Wednesday so as many kids (and parents) as possible can go to Des Moines and cheer on the team. School being cancelled and Hannah being gone means that Mary has no one to stay home with her during the day. I don't mind her being home alone for an hour or so, but not all day. I'd really like to go to the tournament game and take Mary with me, but I hesitate. For one thing, I don't know that I can afford the time off. I don't know what kinds of projects are due at work (last week was super-quiet) and I don't know if I'll be able to save 40 hours of vacation for this summer if I go. For another, I feel a little silly wanting to go. I don't have a son on the team (I don't have a son, period) and I wonder if I'm living vicariously through Hannah by going to these types of events. I don't want to be pedantic, but I would like to experience the excitement of being at a tournament game and cheering on my school district's team. So what should I do? Should I go to the game or not? I need to make up my mind soon so that if I do try to go I can ask for the day off without leaving my fellow drafters buried in excess work. Is my desire to go to the game an immature attempt to recapture my youth, or am I overanalyzing myself? Having never been in this situation before I'd like to get your opinion. What do you think? Should I go?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Peace be with you

7:13 PM  
Blogger Renderdge said...

Ya peace with u dude.If you want you can quick check my blog. I might be able to help you with problems. Or vacation trips. EYYYYY!
Ask a pro like me!

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home