Saturday, November 08, 2008

It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Creedence

So today, while I was working in the kitchen and Hannah was at the table doing her homework, the subject of music came up. I think it started with me mentioning that we'll probably be listening to Christmas music on our way home from South Dakota after Thanksgiving. I found out that Hannah still remembers the lyrics to my parody of "It's Beginning to Look Alot Like Christmas" from last year (12-07-2007) and then I said something to the effect of, "Don't you wish there was a Creedence Clearwater Revival Christmas album?" Well, that started the wheels in my fertile little mind spinning (it's your conjecture as to what kind of fertilizer is in my little mind, exactly) and this is the result:

Santa Is A Travelin' Man (to the tune of Travelin' Band)

Santa and his reindeer coming out of the sky
They're delivering his presents on his midnight ride

chorus
He's on the move, Santa is a travelin' man, oh yeah
Well he's flying 'cross the land, please give him a hand
Santa is a travelin' man

Landed by a chimney, swell
Bag is stuck, oh well
Come on, come on, down into the living room

chorus

Listen to the radio, they're predicting more snow
Children get excited as they watch The Weather Channel

chorus

Here he comes again on a Christmas Eve night
If you're fussin' and a-fightin' you won't get to see the sight

chorus

Santa is a travelin' man, Santa is a travelin' man,
Won't you give St. Nick a hand, because Santa is a travelin' man
Yeah he's flying 'cross the land, please give him a hand
Santa is a travelin' man

Hannah loved it. I jotted it down quick on a notepad then wrote it out tonight on this here blog. Normally I don't listen to Christmas music before Thanksgiving, but now I can't get this song out of my head. Serves me and my fertile little mind right, I suppose.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Hentrich said...

Nancy, you are so full of..............creative genius!! I love the song!!

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home