Wednesday, August 31, 2005

From the Weird Coincidences File

Carl works for Rockwell Collins, an avionics company. Every year they go to a major trade show, the NBAA, that moves from city to city across the southern U.S. The show was supposed to be in New Orleans this year. I doubt that will happen now. The last time the show was supposed to be in New Orleans was the third week in September of 2001. They need to stop scheduling the trade show in New Orleans so that major super-disasters stop happening.

Carl wasn't scheduled to go to the NBAA this year, mainly because he's in school. But he was supposed to go to New Orleans in 2001, specifically to fly out on September 12. I was supposed to join him ten days later, so I could see the show, and then we were going to spend the weekend in the Big Easy doing the tourist boogie for my birthday. Well, as you know, because of the September 11 attacks, all flights were cancelled and so was the show. And thus, our plans for my birthday were upended. But only temporarily. Carl and I began to investigate other things we could do, and we ended up renting a little cabin on the shores of Lake Michigan in Door County, Wisconsin. I don't have room here to go into detail about that trip, but it was really, really nice. Quiet, peaceful, romantic...and we managed to get tickets to see the Green Bay Packers play in Lambeau Field on Monday Night. That was quite a weekend. And this year, Carl is taking time off the week before my birthday so he and I can spend time alone together again. What sweet, romantic plans have we made? None. We're going to paint the foyer of our house.

Ain't love grand?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home