Saturday, August 27, 2005

Better Luck Next Time

A week ago Thursday, the Creative Colony board (in Amana) reviewed my portfolio and voted on whether or not my work should be juried. I waited, and finally I called the lady to whom I'd sent the portfolio. Well, I didn't get in. Not because of the quality of my work, but because 75% of the work they have in the shop right now is painted, and they wanted something other than painted items. Even though the stuff I had was nothing like what they had in the shop, because I'm a painter I didn't get in. The vote was close: a 3-3 split, broken by the board president. The three that voted for me thought my stuff unique enough, but the rest didn't. Oh, well. Now I just have to find another outlet for my stuff. Somewhere.

Any suggestions?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home