Thursday, August 25, 2005

Blatherskite on a Thursday

It's 10:25 a.m. CDT, and so far this morning I haven't had to break up one fight between my girls. That's because they're in school. Today was their first day back to class, and the house is really quiet. I'd say too quiet, but then I don't want to sound like I'm griping or anything. I mean, on the one hand, it's nice to be able to go down to the shop and work without the girls begging me for something every 15 seconds. On the other hand, I miss my girls. (smiffle)

Hannah got off to school just fine. She hardly ever gives me any trouble. She was up at 6:00 and went right to the shower. She was dressed and had eaten breakfast before I even got out of bed. Mary, on the other hand, staggered into my room at 6:59 and asked, "How much longer can I sleep?" "You can sleep in until 7:00" I said. So she went into her room, looked at the clock and said, "Oh, drat. It's 7:00." So Mary staggered downstairs and sat at the kitchen table. She took her kids' multivitamin and drank a cup of juice, and that was the extent of her breakfast. (I'm working on a plot to "encourage" her to eat breakfast.) After "breakfast" she used the bathroom and got dressed, then went upstairs to play a little before her bus came. However, when it was time to walk to the bus stop, Mary just had to finish dressing her Barbie, the result of which is she almost missed the bus. On the first day!!! It's gonna be a long year.

But now the girls are gone, Mary to second grade and Hannah to sixth. When we went to register for school I pointed to the Jr./Sr. High building and said, "See, Hannah? That's where you go to school next year!" Sheesh, is it possible? As fast as last year flew by, in no time my oldest will be in The Big School, finishing the last half of her mandatory education. It hardly seems possible. Will someone please explain to me why I hear the soundtrack to Fiddler On The Roof?

Is this the little girl I carried...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home