Friday, September 01, 2006

TGIF!!

As usual, folks, there's good news and bad news. We'll dispense with the bad news first: I failed my typing test in MicroApplications class. You needed 90% proficiency at 25 words per minute. I got 99% proficiency at 24 words per minute. Accurate, but not speedy. You can't have everything, can you?

And now the good news. First, when I weighed myself this morning the scale said 229.6. I haven't seen my weight in the 220's for years. Yeah, I know, when you round up it's 230.But I'm trying to round down, remember? And in keeping with the weight business, today I tried on my non-elastic waist jeans, AND THEY FIT!!! I could even do the "sit and tie your laces" test without pain. WHOO-HOOO!!!!!

Second, I did pass my math test. Barry (the instructor) told me I got 95%. I know which question I missed - I e-mailed Carl right after the exam with a condensed version of the question (a dreaded story problem) and realized that I'd put a zero on the wrong side of the decimal. Therefore, my answer was wrong. Oh, well. Better luck next time. I think I also aced my BCS vocabulary test. (BCS stands for Building Construction Systems.) So far, so good!

So now I'm packing. I'm spending the weekend at my Mom's, cat-sitting for her while she's out of town. I'm taking homework and I hope to complete it while I'm there. I'm still trying to decide if I should take along the ingredients for making banana bread. Mary asked me to make some, and I bought the nearly over-ripe bananas, and if I don't take the stuff with the bread will never get made, unless Carl does it. That's not all that scary of a prospect: in some respects Carl is a better cook than me. But I don't think he'll want to do it. He probably has other plans for the weekend that involve manly things, like doing repair jobs at our church. I assume he'll also want to watch football. And belch and scratch and grunt and so on and so forth.

Like I said, manly things.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home