Saturday, March 25, 2006

Why I Have A Headache

Every Thursday afternoon, Hannah's school sends out "Friday Notes", their weekly communication to parents. I didn't read it until yesterday afternoon, and was shocked when I read that AYSO soccer practices start next week. Whattaya mean practices start next week? I'm our team's assistant coach (in charge of organizing stuff) and no one TOLD me!! So I called up Matt, our coach. He wasn't home, so I talked to his wife Joy. She said he'd call me back.

He didn't.

So I called him again today. He told me that AYSO contacted him mid-week to say that practices can start as soon as Monday, and we needed to have a family meeting as soon as possible. Then he had to go because he was headed out the door. arg.

I panicked. Then I got out my AYSO folder and started making phone calls. Long story short, we're having our first meeting (and hopefully practice) Thursday at 4:30. With my luck, that will be the day it rains. But that's the reason I have a headache. Having to organize a team on short notice would, I think, give anyone a headache.

In other news: George Mason beat Wichita State to advance to the Elite Eight in the NCAA Men's basketball tournament. They are this year's Cinderella team. However, I got to thinking about it, and here's the headline I would write if George Mason gets beat by UConn tomorrow:

George Mason Jarred by Stunning Loss
UConn Cans Ball Team's Hopes
Fate Hermetically Sealed

HA!!

And a fond Rest In Peace to Buck Owens, who passed away today at the age of 76. He'll now be Pickin' and Grinnin' in his Eternal Hee-Haw show.

Whether that's heaven or hell is your decision.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sarah said...

1. Glad you're posting again!

2. Ugh, I was the WORST soccer mom. We always got AYSO info at the last second, too. Then the schedule kept changing. Then they forced the girls to play in truly terrible weather (as is usually the case in the Midwest!)

3. Love the headline! Too bad you can't use it. :-(

11:29 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bah-hahahahahahah!

8:54 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home