Tuesday, March 14, 2006

It Happens Every Year

What happens every year, right around this time of year? If you said "The NCAA Men's Baskeball Tournament" you would be right. But that's not the thing I'm blogging about. Something else happens every year, right around this time - and that thing is the Bode Family Stomach Flu Epidemic. Last year, we had it in mid-February. This year, it started with Mary. She had diarrhea Sunday night, and yesterday she was home sick with a low grade fever. She still had her fever this morning, and Hannah had diarrhea, so I kept both girls home from school. That was a good thing, because by mid-afternoon Hannah had started barfing. It will take a couple days for both girls to get over this, which means by the weekend either Carl or I will be sick. That just figures, because I had plans for Saturday night. I bought tickets to a hockey game (one of the last of the season) and we were going to go out to eat afterwards. My Mom, bless her heart, has already agreed to come and stay with the girls, so it was all set. Mom was even going to bring her cat (something the girls were looking forward to) so I'll just have to pray that Carl and I can avoid this bug, at least until Monday morning.

Meanwhile, the Tournament games start Thursday afternoon. This year's List of Teams I Want to Watch is as follows:

Big Ten - Iowa, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Ohio State
Big 12 - Texas A & M, Texas, Kansas and Oklahoma
Teams of Interest - Southern Illinois, Bradley, Gonzaga, Arizona, and of course Northern Iowa

I was rather surprised at the teams that were missing, like Cincinnati and Louisville, which are old perennial powerhouse teams. So I printed out the NIT brackets and AHA! there they are! I don't know that I'll be able to watch the NIT tournament since I don't have cable, but I'll be curious to know the outcome. Of course, the frustration of the year is that Iowa State isn't getting any post season play.

mumblegrumblebunchofdoofusbuttsanywaygrumblemumble

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

7:33 PM  
Blogger Aunt Nancy said...

Bis - I had no idea what Rock Chalk Jayhawk was until I googled it. Listened to an actual sound clip of it. Very nice. Has Boomer Sooner beat all to heck.

11:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gooooooo Kaaaaaaaayyyy Uuuuuuuuuuuu!

Get Bismuth to send you the "Rock Chalk Hip Hop!" Maybe it's not traditional, but it's fun!

8:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Big East - 8 Teams - Most Ever!

3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home