Monday, August 01, 2005

Windfall

I play the Powerball lottery occasionally, usually when the jackpot climbs up over $40 million. I had a ticket for last Saturday, and I won $7! Yeah, I know, I've spent more than that over the years buying tickets, but hey, seven bucks is seven bucks. My first response to winning was, "Wow! I can get seven tickets for the next drawing!" but then I thought hey, what's the fun of getting a windfall if you don't share the wealth? So this morning I took the girls up to the Ampride, cashed in my ticket, and bought the girls each a candy bar and a bottle of juice. I bought myself a Wild Cherry Pepsi, and after all was rung up, I had exactly $1 left. So what did I do? I bought another Powerball ticket. Maybe this time instead of $7, I'll win $70 million.

You never know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home