Friday, July 15, 2005

If It Ain't One Thing, It's Another

It amazes me, sometimes, how life can be tranquil one minute and total chaos the next. I was going to blog about this morning, driving around Benton County with Hannah. I'd actually started in on that (I'll finish it later) when the phone rang. It was my friend Candace. She was up at the Atkins pavilion, where Mary (a.k.a. Boo-Boo) was at Girl Scout Day Camp. She said Mary was having a monster nosebleed. I said "I'm coming!", hung up and ran to the kitchen. I damped a towel with cold water, grabbed a change of clothes for Boo-Boo, jumped in the pickup, and flew to the park. When I got there I found Mary lying on a table, covered in blood, with a bloody paper towel on her face. I got her cleaned up, put the cold towel on her nose, had her lie down again while I went inside and cleaned up the blood in the bathroom. When the bleeding had finally slowed down some, I gathered all of Mary's stuff and brought it and her home. However, when she walked in the door, she immediately threw a grand-mal fit because Hannah had found a Barbie horse at a garage sale, and she was mad that "Hannah gets all the good stuff". Grrr. So I had to handle that as I stripped off Mary's bloody clothes and put them in detergent and peroxide bleach to soak. After I got her dressed I sent her into the living room to time out and I cleaned up Mess No. 2.

Once all the messes were cleaned up, I went into the living room to talk to Mary. I won't go into details about what I told her; I'll just say that she seemed to understand what I was telling her, and she eventually cheered up and went to play.

So now I'm back to blogging. As soon as I finish this, I'll go and finish the other blog - the (hopefully) funny one. But sometimes, ya know, ya just gotta vent.

Thanks for "listening".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home