Monday, February 18, 2008

Number Nine

Before I start into my diatribe about the number nine, I want to point out that my profile has been updated. This happened because my husband switched our e-mail accounts, and I had to jump through a bunch of hoops to get my Google account lined up with his Google account because that's where the new e-mail is.

Anyway.

So what's up with the number nine? Well, normally not much. The most notoriety nine has gotten was back when I was little and The Beatles did some sort of something where if you played a record backwards you could hear someone saying "number nine" in a really freaky voice. You can't do that now-a-days unless you have an old fashioned record player and the old vinyl album. You can't exactly spin a CD backwards, now can you?

But right now nine has me really frustrated. Why? Because nine is the number of snow days that Benton Community Schools has had this year. NINE!! We've had somewhere around 55 inches of snow, with lots of blowing and drifting. Needless to say getting out of my little rural town has been something of a challenge. We haven't been to church in two weeks because we couldn't get out, and I've had to stay home from work almost every time the girls have had school delayed or cancelled. Both Carl and I are very frustrated by the weather, and I can only imagine how my boss and co-workers must feel. I know it's not my fault, but I still feel guilty for not getting to work when everyone else did. Hannah's frustrated, because she likes school and she's not looking forward to classes extending into June. Mary loves the snow days, but it's a pretty safe bet that she'll be frustrated when she realizes how far into the summer the school year will go.

Meanwhile, here I am again, stuck at home because of the weather. Also, Kirkwood Community College is closed, so I'll miss my Monday night Estimating class again. I hope Jim comes up with a way for us to catch up, or else I won't be able to graduate. All in all, the weather really has me down. I can't go to school, I can't go to work, I can't go anywhere, period. Truth is, all I want to do right now is sit on the sofa and cry.

Sorry to bummer all of you readers out. Hopefully spring will come soon, and things will return to normal. Except they're predicting excessive flooding when the snow melts.

Yip yip yahoo.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bob Hentrich said...

And did you know that the song just before "Number Nine" on the White Album is "Cry Baby Cry"?

Coincidence? I think not.

5:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home