Monday, February 21, 2005

Les Miserables

It's hard to believe that I haven't blogged for 10 days, but there's a reason: I've been sick. And not just me, but Mary and Hannah, too. It all started with Mary back on the 10th, when she had her fever and vomiting. I got the bug on Saturday, then Hannah got it on Tuesday. It took Mary ten days to finally shake the fever, and today she's back at school. It took me seven days to get past the fever, and Hannah still isn't all right - she's home from school today. The only one who's managed not to get sick is Carl, and even he says he's got a scratchy throat and a cough. But he's avoided the fever, probably because he's been at work and not home breathing in flu viruses.

This was one nasty virus. We had visits from all the viral bad guys - Ralph Hurley, Ivan Trotski, Heili LaFever and I got an extended visit from Bernice the Once-A-Month Witch. That made having the flu even worse. You gals understand. I'm finally back to near normal. Now I'm working my way past a head cold (Mary has one, too) but I'm getting some laundry done and I'm back down in the shop painting again. When you're too weak to blog or paint, that's when you know you're really sick. The one good thing that came out of all this is I discovered that Propel fitness water actually tastes pretty good, and when you have no appetite (not even for chocolate) finding something you can stomach is nice.

I jotted down some short notes while I was sick so I would remember to blog them later. They are:

1) The Democrats chose Howard Dean as their chairperson. Well, you get what you pay for, I reckon.
2) A couple of weeks ago Hannah and I ran into her school teacher while shopping. I said, "This is how you know your teacher is human, when you see her in the toilet paper aisle at Wal-Mart." Everyone laughed, fortunately.
3) Hannah must be getting a good Christian education, because on a pretest she spelled "nonprofit" n-o-n-p-r-o-p-h-e-t.

Well, that's it. And since I have nothing more to write about, I shall bid you adios.

1 Comments:

Blogger John said...

wow,that stinks. fortunately everyone around my house is well for the moment.

9:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home