Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Updates, Thoughts and Quotes

Football update #8 - I lost again, but maintain my position as 7th in the league.

Has anyone noticed that, besides liberalism, the one thing that Britney Spears, Bruce Springsteen and Barbara Streisand have in common is their initials, B.S.?

In a previous blog (somewhere) I submitted my favorite all-time quote. It's by Groucho Marx, and if you want to read it you'll have to search back through all my blog entries. However, there are lots of great quotes flying around out there. Some of the best are from movies, and I now submit a few of my favorites:

"Well, what would you do with a brain if you had one?" Dorothy, to the Scarecrow, in The Wizard of Oz. This is the world's greatest covert insult.

"Do I still have to sleep in the cupboard?" Chip, at the end of Beauty and the Beast

"Mahwagge. Mahwagge is what bwings us togevar, today." The Priest in The Princess Bride. This movie is so full of great quotes that I can't even begin to list them all.

"You remind me of the man."
"What man?"
"The man with the power."
"What power?"
"The power of the hoo-doo."
"Hoo-doo?"
"You do!"
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the man..."
I don't know which movie this is from, but it's a conversation between Cary Grant and some lady. I only caught a snippet of this movie, and this conversation caught my attention because it is sort of repeated in the movie Labyrinth, by David Bowie.

There are quotes I'd like to post from some Mel Brooks movies, but the best quotes are "R" rated, and this is a "G" rated blog site.

Have a favorite movie quote? Let me know in the Comment section, or e-mail me and I'll add it to a later blog. Now, I must go paint, for I have a show on Saturday. Ciao!!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home