Wednesday, November 24, 2004

My SUV's Here!

Yes, it's official. My new red Expedition is in our garage and awaiting its first real trip. We're not taking it to Mom & Dad's for Thanksgiving - we're taking the pickup because we have to help move some appliances for Mom this weekend. But anyway, it's here. According to the sticker, the official Ford Exterior Color is Red Fire Clearcoat. But in the garage it looked kinda like the red color of Brach's cinnamon disks, which then inspired the vehicle's name: Candy. Yes, I named my big, tough SUV Candy. But, lest you feel like laughing, there was a song from the movie Romy and Michele's High School Reunion called "I Want Candy", and it goes like this:

I know a guy who's tough but sweet
He's so fine, he can't be beat
He's got everything that I desire
Sets the summer sun on fire

I want candy, I want candy

Go to see him when the sun goes down
Ain't no finer boy in town
You're my guy, just what the doctor ordered
So sweet, you make my mouth water

I want candy, I want candy

Candy on the beach, there's nothing better
But I like candy when it's wrapped in a sweater
Some day soon I'll make you mine,
Then I'll have candy all the time

I want candy, I want candy
I want candy, I want candy...

That pretty much sums up how I feel about my SUV. Tough but sweet, has everything I desire, and now I have Candy all the time.

Ain't life sweet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home