Wednesday, August 11, 2004

It's August What?!?

For any of you readers out there who do not live in the upper Midwest, my title line may not make any sense. "It's August 11, what's your problem?" you may be thinking. Wrongo! I KNOW it's August 11, but apparently Mother Nature does not. The average high temperature this time of year is 84, but today we'll only make it to about 63 degrees, or the average high of mid-September. Mind you, I'm not complaining (much). It's kind of a shock to walk outside on an August morning in shorts and have to run back to the garage shivering. But I can handle it. My daughters, on the other hand, have had to make more drastic adaptations. Last night, for instance, while out in the yard riding their bikes, they were wearing sweatpants, sweatshirts, stocking hats and mittens! My husband was so amused by this that he had to videotape it.

Of course, it could be worse. It could be 104, humid and miserable outside, so I guess I'll take 63 degrees and windy. I only hope Mother Nature doesn't wake up much for the next couple of weeks. My husband and I promised a beloved relative that we'd go and help him build a deck, and with our luck the temperatures will soar like the eagles and we'll wish we were shivering again.

P.S. The dog's wounded feet are almost healed. And since my husband is gone, well, guess where Poochie is? (Insert mischevious chuckle here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home