Wednesday, March 23, 2005

More Blatherskite

I got an e-mail today from a friend in Missouri. She sent me a chain letter that said if I send this message on to eight people I'll receive a miracle tomorrow. As If. I don't think God's plan for my life will be altered by passing on a chain letter. Isn't that what prayer is for?

Last September I blogged about Hannah receiving an award from school. They hand out awards monthly for effort, citizenship, and student of the month, three awards per class. Well, Hannah will be receiving ANOTHER award on Tuesday the 29th. That's my girl!!! I'm so proud.

Hannah is in her school's Talented and Gifted (TAG) program, and they've been learning about aviation. Did I mention previously that Carl gave a presentation about how airplanes fly and how the cockpit controls work? Well, he did. So it was only logical that Hannah's aviation presentation be about "How the cockpit works" specifically the cockpit of a Piper Warrior. She and Carl made up this really cool display with the picture of the cockpit, labels around the picture naming the different instruments and how they work, and yarn going from the description box to the instrument in the picture. Her TAG teacher was very impressed. Carl also helped her write up a short blurb to go with the display board. It was really neat to see father and daughter working together on a project. He's such a good daddy, and she's a smart kid - two peas in a pod.

Speaking of peas, Carl and the girls (and me too, I guess) are going to plant a garden this spring. We've already had a piece of the backyard tilled up, so now it's a matter of figuring out what to plant where, how much space each type of veggie needs, and when to plant them. NO - I will NOT be planting strawberries!!! So I need to go to Menard's and get fence posts, chicken wire, and some other stuff I can't remember right now.

Maybe I should pass on that chain letter. It will be a miracle if this garden project works out.

2 Comments:

Blogger John said...

if you're successful in you're gardening attempt, then next Spring, you have to come to Cincinnati and help me plant a garden. I would love to have one! let me know how it goes.

8:25 AM  
Blogger Aunt Nancy said...

I'd love to help you plant a garden. In fact, you can start preparing now by gathering "fertilizer" from Cincy's escaped cow population.

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home